Sign up for a program in your area each week by calling 902-368-8919 or emailing SOPEI staff.
- READ a detailed copy of the NEW process and refer to the complete Phase One Guidelines and available programs in your area below.
- Forms to complete online
- and then call the office to register for Summer programs
- Refer to the Additional Program Resources list below
If the above steps are not completed, athletes will be required to delay their return until everything is complete.
The annual $20 fee will be waived for all participants for the 2020-21 program year. There may be and additional fee for Ice Sports ($75/sport) and Bowling (Weekly Lane Fees).
Contact SOPEI to indicate interest by calling 902-368-8919 or emailing SOPEI staff. You will then be required to attend COVID-19 volunteer training specific to the activity you sign up for.
Read a detailed copy of the NEW process , complete Phase One Guidelines and available programs in your area below:
AND Complete these forms online
- Volunteer Application Form 2020-21
- Participant Waiver and Promotional Media Opt-Out
- If needed, submit your Criminal Record and Vulnerable Sector Checks.
For those that require a renewal of your Criminal Record Check (CRC) and Vulnerable Sector Check (VSC), you will need to contact the SOPEI office to request a CRC/VSC letter to submit when you request your CRC/VSC. If you are unsure when you submitted your last CRC/VSC, please contact SOPEI at 902-368-8919 or email@example.com.
- Class A Volunteers with more than 3 years of experience only require a check every 3 years
- Class A Volunteers with 3 years or less experience require the check annually
If the above steps are not completed, volunteers will be required to delay their return until everything is complete.
Additional Program Resources:
- SOPEI Return to Activities PHASE ONE Guidelines
- SOPEI Declaration Form: Only required by caregivers/guardians or 1-on-1 support who are supporting athletes at the program and who have not completed volunteer training/forms. Athletes/Volunteers will be signing off on this within their 2020-21 registration forms.
- SOPEI Attendance Tracker - To be read aloud and completed each week at programs by a volunteer and sent to (Centralfirstname.lastname@example.org and Kings/Prince Countyemail@example.com) following each program. No signatures are required because participants are signing a declaration on their 2020-21 Athlete/Volunteer registration forms.
- SOPEI Return to Activities Coaches Checklist - Tool for program volunteer to reference for ensuring they are ready to begin program safely.
- SOPEI Return to Activities General Guidelines - These are the general SOPEI guidelines that all programs are expected to follow.
- COVID-19 Symptoms and Prevention Poster -This poster is being provided to all members who sign up for 2020-21 programming which provides information on the symptoms and prevention methods related to COVID-19.
- SOPEI Return to Activities Guidelines for In-Person Meetings - This document provides direction for SOPEI sanctioned in-person meetings.
- SOC Return to Sport and Programs Resource Site: Includes many additional resources in case you see something you would like to use or have questions about.
- SOC COVID-19 Video - What to know before returning to Special Olympics Canada Sport and Programs
- SOI COVID-19 Resource Site: Includes many additional resources in case you see something you would like to use or have questions about.
SOPEI Phase One Sport Guidelines: