Special Olympics PEI is dedicated to enriching the lives of Islanders with an intellectual disability through sport. we are more than an event - Special Olympics PEI delivers year -round world call sport programs to people with an intellectual disability daily in communities across the province. We have over 660 athletes, supported by 120 coaches and volunteers, participating in 100 sports programs annually. Our athletes are of all ages and abilities.
Special Olympics was founded upon one simple notion: sport has an incredible capacity to transform lives, change attitudes and make communities stronger. By bringing people together, Special Olympics teaches us to recognize our similarities rather than focusing on our differences.
We invite you to learn more about Special Olympics PEI:
- Learn more about Special Olympics PEI and our past, present, and future as an organization;
- Find out more about Special Olympics Programs and ways they impact our athletes;
- Check out our Policies and Procedures;
- Discover more about our Official Sports, and learn what makes our sports programs unique;
- Read Stories about our athletes and their families, coaches, and volunteers.