Special Olympics PEI is hiring a Fund Development Coordinator. This is a full-time, permanent position. Application are being accepted through Indeed. Please see below for the Job Description and for the link to apply.
At Special Olympics Prince Edward Island (SOPEI), we leverage the power of sport to empower individuals with intellectual disabilities, fostering their physical, mental, social, and emotional growth. Our mission is to enrich the lives of Islanders with intellectual disabilities through sports.
Fund Development Coordinator
We are currently seeking a dedicated Fund Development Coordinator to join our team. In this role, you will play a pivotal part in supporting the PEI Law Enforcement Torch Run (PEI LETR) by providing ongoing administrative and event support. Serving as a crucial link between the Provincial Chapter and the International body, you will contribute to a global initiative that originated in 1981 and stands as the world's largest public awareness and grassroots fundraising vehicle.
Beyond supporting the LETR committee, you will actively contribute to marketing, communications, and fund development projects throughout the year. This involves maintaining and strengthening partnerships at both the National and Provincial levels.
- Meetings with sponsors and planning committees to plan events, establish and monitor budgets, and review administrative procedures
- Coordinate logistics for various events, including accommodation, transportation, facilities, catering, signage, displays, translation, accessibility, audio-visual equipment, printing, and security
- Organize participant registration, prepare programs and promotional material, and publicize events
- Plan entertainment and social gatherings for participants
- Ensure compliance with organizational by-laws and policies
- Aid in contract negotiation, approve suppliers' invoices, maintain financial records, review final billing, and prepare reports
- Prepare detailed post-event evaluations and analysis for future planning
- Management of database entries
- Diverse administrative tasks, including organizing engaging opportunities for athletes and members during campaigns and events
Other duties as assigned
- Knowledge and experience in the field of individuals with intellectual disabilities
- 2+ years of demonstrated knowledge and success in fund development, marketing, and project management
- Relevant post-secondary education, work experience, or a combination of both
- Effective communication, interpersonal, and influencing skills
- Ability to build and maintain networks and resolve conflicts professionally
- Proficient in providing advice on sensitive issues
- Experience with a diverse range of stakeholders
- Capacity to make appropriate and timely decisions within the authority
- Ability to manage multiple projects and deliverables and create project plans and roadmaps
- Strong organizational skills, detail-oriented, and ability to balance deadline-driven workload with complete accuracy
- Enjoy wearing many hats to support a high-performing team and meaningful work
- Strong computer skills, Microsoft Suites and Teams preferred
- Experience with databases and peer-to-peer fundraising platforms
- Advanced knowledge of, and comfort with, social media platforms and content creation
- Ability to travel both domestically and internationally for conferences and meetings
- Experience managing budgets is an asset
- Strong communication skills in English (both written and verbal)
- Bilingualism (French) would be an asset
- Available to work flexible hours, including weekends and holidays
- Must have access to a reliable vehicle for work and possess both a current driver's license and proof of vehicle insurance
- A current and original copy of a satisfactory Criminal Records Check is required
How to Apply:
If you align with our values of empowerment, excellence, respect, diversity, and inclusion, we invite you to join us in making a meaningful impact. This role is a perfect fit for those who share our commitment to creating positive change through the transformative power of sports.
The annual salary range for this position is $38,000 per year and includes a compensation package with paid vacation, group insurance, and an employer-contributed group RRSP (after one year).
Submit your resume and cover letter through Indeed. Please note that drop-ins and phone calls will not be considered. The closing date for applications is Monday, November 27, 2023. For inquiries, contact Jacqui at email@example.com, mentioning "Fund Development" in the subject line.
We appreciate all applicants, but only those identified for an interview will be contacted.
Special Olympics PEI is an equal-opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Apply to the Fund Development Coordinator Role
Submit your resume and cover letter through Indeed: Apply Now through Indeed