Supporters of Special Olympics PEI, including athletes, volunteers, coaches, families, friends and supporters gathered earlier this week to celebrate another successful year at Special Olympics PEI’s Annual Awards Ceremony.
2018-2019 Award Winners:
- Department of Health and Wellness Sport Volunteer Award: Caitlin McKenna (Cardigan)
- Dr. Frank Hayden Award: James O’Halloran (Montague)
- ADL Spirit Award: Paul Phillips (Summerside)
- President’s Award: Dion Phaneuf
- Facility of the Year: Island Gymnastics Academy (Charlottetown)
- David Andrew Memorial Award: Steve & Lori Loggie (Charlottetown)
- Maritime Electric Male Coach of the Year Award: Dave Morrow (Covehead)
- Maritime Electric Female Coach of the Year Award: Sarah Paynter (Kensington)
- PEI Mutual Insurance Co. Male Athlete of the Year Award: Roy Paynter (Kensington)
- PEI Mutual Insurance Co. Female Athlete of the Year Award: Erin Pippy (Charlottetown)
Volunteer Pins were presented to those who have contributed 5, 10, 15 years of service. 5-Year Pins were presented to: Sarah Profitt – Wagner and Craig Watson. 10-Year Pins were presented to: Jamie Arsenault, Brad Colwill, Paul Smith, Terry Nabuurs, and Leah Watts. 15-Year Pins were presented to: Donna Campbell, Michele Chapman and Barry Murray.