Special Olympics PEI is excited to be offering a FREE Family Health Forum on Saturday, September 7th from 8:45am - 4:00pm, in Stratford (Town Hall and Sobeys). Athletes, and guests will learn skills, tips and tricks to help them lead a healthier life.
The day will include:
- Guest Speaker Julia Romualdi, a Special Olympics Ontario athlete, and Member of Ontario's Athlete Leader Council, guest on the CBC TV Series "You Can't Ask That", and Health Champion,
- Cooking session with Sobeys dietician and staff - athletes will prepare lunch or a healthy snack to-go,
- Casual walking activity for all ages,
- Healthy Athletes information session,
- Question and Answer session.
Participants will receive:
- Free lunch and healthy snack to-go,
- Handouts for healthy recipes and snacks,
- Skills and increased knowledge of cooking tools and tips,
- Sobeys reusable shopping bag filled with a $10 Sobeys card, and other tools (up to 2 bags/household).
- Mileage forms will be provided for those who wish to submit a claim,
- Transportation can be provided for those individuals without access to transportation services - please notify the office when you register if you require transportation.
Who is this forum for?
- Athletes and families/caregivers (siblings ages 8+ are welcome to join) who want to learn more about cooking and leading a healthier lifestyle.
The registration deadline for this event is August 23rd, but space is limited, so sign-up today! To register for this forum, or if you have any questions, please contact the office by phone (902-368-8919) or email (firstname.lastname@example.org).