COVID-19 PROTOCOL CHAIR
Member of the Organizing Committee (OC). The OC typically meets monthly, beginning 12-6 months prior to Games, moving to bi-weekly 4 months prior then weekly 1-2 months prior. The COVID-19 Protocol Chair would be available, and on-site throughout the duration of the Games. SONL Staff and additional volunteers work in conjunction with all OC members as required. The COVID-19 Protocol Chair will help recruit & support the venue safety volunteers(s) at each venue, ensuring all COVID-19 safety protocols and processes are in place and adhered to by all participants. The COVID-19 Protocol will follow both Special Olympics Canada (SOC) and SONL policies and procedures.
Supporting Documents provided by SONL to assist:
- Return to Competition Plan
- SONL Proof of Vaccination Policy
- Attendance Protocol
- Positive Case Protocol (in conjunction with Medical Lead)
- Ensure each committee has sufficient personal protective equipment (PPE), cleaning/disinfecting supplies, and hand sanitizer available.
- Ensure Attendance Protocol and Proof of Vaccination Policy are being followed at all venues/events.
- Ensure Public Health guidelines are being followed at all venues/events.
- Work with Medical Lead to ensure Positive Case Protocol is being followed.
COVID-19 Protocol Committee Checklist
Prior to Games
- Coordinate with each committee to ensure all required PPE is accessible
- Coordinate with Medical Lead to ensure all first kits have required PPE
- Ensure each venue/event has the required number of Safety Volunteers
- With support from SONL implement Return to Competition protocols for Games
- With support from SONL, develop and implement safety volunteer onboarding process
- Coordinate with all committees to have a Return to Competition plan in place specific to their needs
- Coordinate with venues to ensure Venue Specific guidelines are communicated and followed
- Create and distribute signage as needed
- With support from SONL, develop a logistical plan for Proof of Vaccination Process & Procedures
- Assist safety volunteers as needed to follow all Public Heath guidelines
- Assist safety volunteers as needed to follow Return to Competition plan
- Assist safety volunteers and venues with Proof of Vaccination Process and Attendance Protocol
- Collect all unused PPE
- Collect and return all signage
- Thank volunteers (in conjunction with SONL)
- Prepare final report
If you are a current Special Olympics NL Volunteer, located in the metro area and interested in being a part of our Special Olympics NL Summer Games 2022 Organizing Committee
please email SONL Program Director, Kim McDonald-Wilkes (she/her) at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will accept expressions of interest until the end of business day Dec 3, 2021.