Job Title: Summer Program Coordinator Location: Grand Falls-Windsor Office
Summary: Special Olympics NL is dedicated to enriching the lives of individuals with an intellectual disability through sport. We are seeking an enthusiastic, creative, and energetic individual who would work in both a team environment and independently to assist with the development and implementation of Special Olympics summer programming in the Grand Falls-Windsor and Gander region and to supper Chapter staff with program and competition delivery throughout the province.
Responsible To: Kim McDonald-Wilkes (she/her), Program Director, SONL
Start Date: June 26, 2023 End Date: Aug 18, 2023
Term: 35 hrs./week for a total contract of 8 weeks.
Rate of Pay: $14.50/hr.
- Assist with the development and implementation of a Young Athletes® Summer Program.
- Assist with the development and implementation of a Fit Family and Friends Program.
- Assist Chapter staff with program and competition delivery.
- Assist Community Clubs with volunteer recruitment and retention.
- Support Community Clubs in both GFW and Gander with summer program delivery.
- Provide guidance and supervision to athletes during all programs and activities.
- Travel to various program venues in both Grand Falls-Windsor and Gander.
- Ensure Chapter and Pan-Canadian Policies are followed during all activities.
- Ensure safety standards are maintained during all programs and events.
- Complete other duties as assigned by Chapter staff.
- Experience working/volunteering with individuals with an intellectual disability of varying ages.
- Excellent written, and verbal communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Working knowledge of M365, including but not limited to Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Experience using social media platforms, Zoom, and graphic creation software is an asset.
- Able to work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends.
- Working knowledge of health, physical activity, and sports would be an asset.
- Completion of Fundamental Movement Skills, High Five, or similar training would be an asset.
- Valid First Aid and CPR Certificate would be an asset.
- Valid Driver’s License and daily access to own a vehicle, ability to travel.
- Current criminal record check with vulnerable sector screening.
- Must be between 15 and 30 years of age at the beginning of the employment period.
- Must meet all eligibility requirements as outlined by Service Canada
how to apply:
Submit your resume directly via email to Kim McDonald-Wilkes (she/her). Program Director, SONL email@example.com
Application Closing Date: Monday, June 5, 2023
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.