Last update: July 1, 2022
Special Olympics BC has a Communicable Disease Prevention Plan in place for our safe Return to Sport moving forward. All SOBC sports and events follow these strong safety protocols!
Highlights for Participants
- If you are sick, do not attend your SOBC program/event.
- Wash or sanitize hands when entering and exiting the venue, and often during your program/event.
- Cover coughs and sneezes with your sleeve. Avoid touching your face with your hands.
- Bring your own filled water bottles whenever possible.
- Continue practicing physical distancing when it’s helpful to you.
- Programs are following high standards for cleaning and ventilation.
- For participants ages 5 and up, masks are recommended (but not required) while you are not playing your sports. Please be respectful of others and their choices.
a. Masks are still required during group transportation to SOBC programs and events (e.g. rented buses).
b. If a facility requires mask wearing while off the field of play, that rule must be followed.
- Please read the full plan for all the safety requirements.
It is vital that all Special Olympics BC members take these protocols seriously and personally commit to following them. Thank you for your ongoing commitment to safety!
Lois McNary, SOBC Vice President, Sport
Past Return to Sport News
Please click here for past updates.