The NCCP Special Olympics Competition Sport Workshop helps equip coaches to empower athletes with intellectual disabilities. Topics in this workshop cover associated disabilities, basic delivery of sport skills, sport-specific and competition-based fitness, competition, and safety.
All coaches are required to complete this workshop within their first year of coaching Special Olympics, except for Active Start and FUNdamentals coaches.
- One weekend (Sat & Sun) ~16 hours
- Course fee⁺: $65
⁺ Course fees for required courses may be sponsored by the local community.
Other names referring to this workshop
- “NCCP-Special Olympics Canada Introduction to Competition Sport Workshop”
- “Special Olympics Competition Coach”
- “SOC Intro to Competition Sport Workshop"
- “Special Olympics Competition Sport Workshop”
- “Competition Sport Workshop” or “CSW”
- This course is specific to coaches of athletes with intellectual disabilities. It is organized and offered by Special Olympics British Columbia.
Check for upcoming workshops via:
- Special Olympics BC event calendar (filter event type by "Coach Education")
- SOBC Provincial Office email: Madeleine Antwi (P: 604.785.9038)
- Your Local Coordinator
Note to Local Committees
Locals can apply for a coaching grant with Special Olympics BC for all relevant coaching courses, except the Special Olympics Competition Sport Workshop, Making Ethical Decisions workshop, and first aid-related courses. Contact Madeleine Antwi for more information.