Without administrative volunteers, our organization could not take root and thrive in local communities. By serving in one of these positions, you are making a difference by sharing your skills, vision, and creativity along with your time.
The following are some of the roles in each Local Committee:
- Local Coordinator: Ultimately responsible for all actions of the Local. Represents Local’s point of view at all meetings, communicates with all committee members including the Provincial Office and Regional Coordinator. Schedules, chairs, and hosts Local Committee meetings. Sets budget with committee, communicates with athletes, submits accreditation, ensures policies, and procedures are adhered to.
- Program Coordinator: Responsible for all aspects of programs in the Local. Secures facilities needed for competitions, organizes Local/Regional events, chairs regular coaches' meetings, submits progress reports to the Local Committee, evaluates programs, places new athletes and coaches, and attends all Local Committee meetings.
- Treasurer: Responsible for keeping and submitting regular financial records, communicating with all committee members on financial status, developing the annual budget with the Local Committee, and attending all Local Committee meetings.
- Secretary: Communicates with all Local Committee members, records and distributes meeting minutes, attends all Local Committee meetings.
- Volunteer Coordinator: Recruits, liaises with and represents volunteers, interviews and screens volunteers, provides registration opportunities for potential volunteers, provides orientation and training sessions for volunteers, maintains records, addresses requests of volunteers, organizes volunteer recognition, and attends all Local Committee meetings.
- Fundraising Coordinator: Coordinates all of the Local's fundraising activities, prepares annual fundraising plan, seeks out organizations to provide financial support, recognizes and maintains relationships with the Local's sponsors, advises Provincial Office of all local sponsors, adheres to exclusivity of sponsors, and attends all Local Committee meetings.
- Public Relations Coordinator: Coordinates all aspects of public relations for the Local – including developing local media contacts, providing appropriate material for media coverage, organizing promotional events, utilizing the style guide – and attends all Local Committee meetings.