Special Olympics Alberta celebrates and recognizes the outstanding athletes, volunteers, coaches, schools and communities who drive the movement in our province.
- Do you know an athlete who has had an outstanding year?
- Is there a team in your community that has displayed strong team work, excellent sportsmanship and achieved success at either the local, regional or provincial level?
- Do you know someone who is looked up to by the athletes they coach?
- Do you know a long-time volunteer who deserves to be recognized for their outstanding contributions and grass roots development?
Tell us about them! Click on the award below to submit an award nomination.
AWARD NOMINATIONS ARE NOW CLOSED.
2018 Award Recipients
- FEMALE ATHLETE OF THE YEAR: Carissa Burch (Lethbridge)
- MALE ATHLETE OF THE YEAR: Steven Thackray (Lethbridge)
- FEMALE COACH OF THE YEAR: Rochelle Chamczuk (West Central)
- MALE COACH OF THE YEAR: Jim Ofrim (Camrose)
- TEAM OF THE YEAR: Camrose Cardinals Softball Team
- VOLUNTEER LEADERSHIP AWARD: Pat Enns (Medicine Hat)
- ATHLETE SPIRIT AWARD: Francene Scott (Grande Prairie)
- RISING STAR VOLUNTEER AWARD: Jaelynn Funk (Medicine Hat)
- LETR OUTSTANDING CONTRIBUTIONS AWARD: Kevin Duval (Red Deer)
- UNIFIED SCHOOL AWARD: Cochrane HIgh School
- LETR COMMUNITY SPIRIT AWARD: Wetaskiwin
- MURRAY KOCH YOUTH DEVELOPMENT AWARD: Camrose
- MDA COMMUNITY LEADERSHIP AWARD: Edmonton