Do you know a Champion of Inclusion in your community? Someone – with or without an intellectual disability – who always chooses to include?
Nominate them as a Special Olympics Canada Champion of Inclusion!
As we get closer and closer to Week of Inclusion (July 20 to 26), we want to honour people from across the country who respect and embrace all abilities every day of the year!
A Champion of Inclusion can be:
- From sports (an athlete, coach, volunteer)
- From the workplace (a boss, or co-worker)
- From school (a teacher, volunteer, student, Principal)
- From Health (a doctor, nurse, caregiver)
- From the Government
- From your community (a friend, neighbour, family member, activist, supporter)
If you know someone who fits this description and works hard to build a more joyful and welcoming world, then nominate them! These stories/submissions will then be featured through Special Olympics Alberta and/or Special Olympics Canada channels.
To submit a nomination, simply send an email to email@example.com with:
- The name of your Champion of Inclusion
- A reason WHY you think they are a Champion of Inclusion.
The deadline to submit nominations is Friday July 3, 2020.
We can’t wait to meet your Champions!
Be sure to mark July 20 to 26 in your calendars as Week of Inclusion, so we can celebrate how we #ChooseToInclude together! Stay tuned for more details!