Nominations for the 2023 Special Olympics Saskatchewan Awards are now OPEN!
Every year, Special Olympics Saskatchewan honours the remarkable individuals and groups that have made a significant impact on our programs. We encourage you to nominate those who have had a significant impact in your community and we look forward to honouring these remarkable individuals. Click the Nomination Form button below to nominate an individual today!
We celebrate the achievement of these members through our annual awards listed below:
- Athlete of the Year - recognizes an athlete who has demonstrated significant personal and athletic growth.
- Team of the Year - presented to a Team that has had outstanding contribution/participation throughout the Program Year.
- Coach of the Year - presented to a coach who has contributed greatly to the development of their sport, displayed outstanding leadership and coaching skills, and has shown commitment to the advancement of their sport within Special Olympics.
- Jr. Coach/Volunteer of the Year - presented to a youth coach or volunteer (age 25 and under) who has demonstrated outstanding leadership skills and contributed to the development of sport in Special Olympics.
- Volunteer of the Year - presented to a volunteer who has made a significant contribution to Special Olympics within their community
- Unsung Hero Award - presented to a volunteer who works ‘behind the scenes,’ consistently going above and beyond the call of duty to ensure the smooth operation of their program and the enjoyment of all athletes involved.
- Shining Star Award - presented to an athlete who exemplifies the Spirit of Special Olympics.
- Honorary Life Member - presented to long time members of Special Olympics Saskatchewan who have made extraordinary contributions to our organization.
- Athlete Lifetime Dedication Award - presented to a long-standing athlete who has best exemplified the spirit, philosophy and goals of Special Olympics Saskatchewan and the Special Olympics movement over the course of their career.
- Bob Pedde Memorial Award - awarded to an individual or group who has shown outstanding dedication and contributions to Special Olympics Saskatchewan.
- Saskatchewan LETR Outstanding Service Award Nominee- This award recognizes the achievements of a Saskatchewan LETR volunteer that has exemplified the true meaning of the LETR mission in spirit, dedication and enthusiasm.