Nominations for the 2021 Special Olympics Saskatchewan Awards are now open!
Nominations are now being accepted for the following Awards:
- Athlete of the Year - recognizes an athlete who has demonstrated significant personal and athletic growth.
- Team of the Year - presented to a Team that has had outstanding contribution/participation throughout the Program Year.
- Coach of the Year - presented to a coach who has contributed greatly to the development of their sport, displayed outstanding leadership and coaching skills, and has shown commitment to the advancement of their sport within Special Olympics.
- Jr. Coach/Volunteer of the Year - presented to a youth coach or volunteer (age 21 and under) who has demonstrated outstanding leadership skills and contributed to the development of sport in Special Olympics.
- Volunteer of the Year - presented to a volunteer who has made a significant contribution to Special Olympics within their community
- Unsung Hero Award - presented to a volunteer who works ‘behind the scenes,’ consistently going above and beyond the call of duty to ensure the smooth operation of their program and the enjoyment of all athletes involved.
- Shining Star Award - presented to an athlete who exemplifies the Spirit of Special Olympics.
- Honorary Life Member - presented to long time members of Special Olympics Saskatchewan who have made extraordinary contributions to our organization.
- Athlete Lifetime Dedication Award - presented to a long-standing athlete who has best exemplified the spirit, philosophy and goals of Special Olympics Saskatchewan and the Special Olympics movement over the course of their career.
- Bob Pedde Memorial Award - awarded to an individual or group who has shown outstanding dedication and contributions to Special Olympics Saskatchewan.
- Saskatchewan LETR Outstanding Service Award Nominee- This award recognizes the achievements of a Saskatchewan LETR volunteer that has exemplified the true meaning of the LETR mission in spirit, dedication and enthusiasm.
NOMINATION DEADLINE: JUNE 1, 2021