Please view the resources below, to help assist you in the 2020-2021 Registration Process.
VIDEO LIBRARY - Provide access to a number of 'How To' videos from Special Olympics Canada to help you with the new online registration process.
Contact your local SO community for more information on when your local registration night is being held.
HOW TO REGISTER
The online system offers a number of different ways to register depending on the athlete's situation. The steps to register are different for each of each of the following scenarios. Please read through the step-by-step guide of instructions that matches your situation:
- ONLINE PROCESS – NEW ATHLETE - INDEPENDENT (An athlete registering themselves). Please Note: Athlete MUST be their own guardian to fill out the form themselves
- ONLINE PROCESS – NEW ATHLETE - SUPPORTED (Guardian/Parent/Caregiver registering a single athlete)
- ONLINE PROCESS - NEW ATHLETE - SUPPORTED - MULTIPLE (Guardian/Parent/Caregiver registering multiple athletes). Please Note: If you are an individual who will be registering on behalf of multiple athletes (Ex: A parent, group home coordinator or caregiver) the admin connection MUST be approved/added in order to complete the online registration process for their athlete(s). Please refer to the Caregiver Authorization Form prior to registering online.
- ONLINE PROCESS - RETURNING ATHLETE
- ONLINE PROCESS - NEW VOLUNTEER
- ONLINE PROCESS - RETURNING VOLUNTEER
If you do not have an email address, you can still register via paper registration:
Connect with your local SO Community for more information on how to drop off and register offline.
All paper registrations MUST include a signed copy of each of the following waivers:
If using a paper/printed form to register for Special Olympics programming, all of the above waivers are required to be signed and submitted to your Community Executive Committee. The Media Release portion is optional for athletes and volunteers to agree to.
PAYMENT FOR PROGRAMS
Payments for SO sport programming will be taken by each respective community. Connect with your local SO Community for more information on fees and how to pay for programming.