Athlete: Nadia Bouillon
From : Chelmsford, Ont.
Rock The Rink performance: November 1 at Sudbury Arena
1. How long have you been figure skating?
For 17 years. I started at the age of nine.
2. How long have you been involved with Special Olympics?
3. What other sports do you play?
Rhythmic Gymnastics and bocce. I also play violin and the keyboard
4. What is the biggest figure skating competition/performance you’ve done to date?
I went to the Special Olympics Canada Winter Games in Corner Brook, Newfoundland in 2016.
5. What was your reaction when you found out you’d be performing at Rock The Rink?
Excitement! It felt good to be invited.
6. How are you preparing for this performance?
I’m practicing two times per week.
7. Who is your favourite figure skater(s)?
2018 Olympic gold medalist Meagan Duhamel. I got to know her well figure skating at her home club.
8. What do you love about skating?
I find it relaxing and it’s a challenge to learn new skills.
9. Tell me about the routine you’ll be performing at Rock The Rink?
I will be doing waltz jump, salchow jump, spiral and a few spins. Me and my coach are working on adding new music and moves.
10. What do you like about Special Olympics? How has it changed your life?
Special Olympics gave me the opportunity to experience participation at different levels from competition, while making a ton of new friends along the way.
11. What would you like to say to Tessa Virtue and Scott Moir for inviting you to perform alongside them?
Thank you for inviting me to participate alongside of you, it makes me feel special and it’s an honour
12. After Rock The Rink, what’s next?
Keep practicing to improve my skills, so I can qualify for the next Special Olympics Ontario Provincial Winter Games.