The 2023 National Volunteer Week festivities celebrate how volunteering weaves us together, strengthening the fabric of our community by sharing our time, talent, and energy to support one another.
Special Olympics BC's dedicated and selfless volunteers empower athletes, make year-round programs possible, and open hearts and minds to the abilities of people with intellectual disabilities.
We are eternally grateful to all the volunteers who give so much to Special Olympics BC and make such a difference by weaving so many people together!
Through volunteering we experience our interconnectedness, making our lives more meaningful. Getting involved in various ways, we find friendship, develop trust, and link our relationships. Threading these connections, we come to belong as we contribute towards the same goals. During National Volunteer Week 2023, SOBC celebrates the collective impact of volunteers: Through your kindness, generosity, and commitment, you weave lives together!
- April 26, May 3, and May 10: SOBC Volunteer Professional Development Series: Conflict Management and Effective Communication Workshops
- April 29-30: NCCP Special Olympics Intro to Competition Workshop in Oceanside
- Coach Development Workshops & Webinars throughout spring
- We have lots of other development opportunities and workshops to help our valued volunteers grow in their roles and empower their athletes in sport. Click here to view our event calendar!
Help thank All Special Olympics BC Volunteers
Post your own message of thanks
Find last year's Cheers for SOBC volunteers
From SOBC Athlete Reporters
Read and watch their 2023 messages
From Torben Schuffert, SOBC Athlete Input Council Region 7 Rep
From Susan Wang, SOBC Athlete Input Council Region 3 Rep
Meet SOBC Volunteers
Meet more dedicated SOBC Volunteers
Hall of Fame volunteers
Meet the 2022 SOBC Hall of Fame inductees
Award-winning coaches and volunteers
Stay tuned to SOBC's social media channels through National Volunteer Week to meet a few more of our inspiring volunteers!
- SOBC Volunteer Professional Development Series
- Coach development opportunities
- More SOBC resources
- National Volunteer Week homepage
Join these inspiring individuals
get involved and make a difference