Welcome to Special Olympics BC's Volunteer Professional Development Series! We are offering these sessions to thank the remarkable administrative volunteers who do so much to make SOBC programs possible, and create opportunities for these amazing individuals to connect, learn, and brainstorm together.
The series of webinars will cover a range of topics, and SOBC would really love to hear feedback from volunteers on topics you would like the series to cover. To share your thoughts, please contact your Region's Community Development Coordinator.
- Internal Communications - What tools do you use to keep your athletes, coaches, volunteers, and families connected and informed? Come together with speakers from Locals around the province and SOBC’s marketing & communications staff to share ideas, successes, and opportunities for growth. Find out how to register here!
Date: April 26 at 6 pm PT
- April 6: Recruitment Marketing
- March: SOBC Awards Information Session
- February: Why Are Pronouns Important?
- January: Moving Inclusion Forward
- December: Anti-Bullying and Harassment Workshop
- November: Cyber Security Foundations | PDF presentation
- June: Sexual Health
- May: Diverse Abilities in Sport – Autism Part 2 | Part 2 PDF presentation
- April 19: Staying positive throughout the pandemic
- April 7: Diverse Abilities in Sport – Autism | Part 1 PDF presentation
Watch below as the always inspiring Mark Tewksbury, Olympic swimming champion, Companion of the Order of Canada, and Special Olympics Canada Past Chair kicked off the series.
SOBC is also continuing our Coach Development Webinars. Webinars cover both sport-specific and general topics. Please click here to find upcoming events, recordings of past sessions, and more online coach education resources.