Benefits to Coaching
Coaching with Special Olympics NWT comes with many benefits, including:
- Watching the athletes improve their skills and abilities in sport
- Getting involved with the community
- Sharing your love of sport
- Building friendships
- Being a positive role model for athletes
- And creating joy for the athletes!
All coaches must be a minimum of 16 years of old. Coaches under the age of 18 must be supervised by someone who is 18 years of age or older.
Steps to Becoming a Coach
- Read through the volunteer package to find out the dates, times and locations the sports are being offered
- Fill out and send in complete volunteer form to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Send in a Vulnerable Sector 3 police check (must have been completed in the last 3 years)
- Start with program!
- Complete Special Olympics Volunteer Orientation course online.
Click one of the sports below for information concerning rules, regulations, and coaching rules
If you have any questions about your role or the program, please reference the Northwest Territories Special Olympic handbook below.