Virtual Closing Ceremony June 23
The Challenge Games Closing Ceremony will be hosted by SOBC Athlete Input Council Chairman Matthew Williams on June 23 at 6:30 p.m. PT!
Tune in on SOBC's Facebook Page or right here:
If you can't join us live, recordings will be available here after for all to enjoy!
Virtual Victory Dance June 24
The Victory Dance will be hosted on Zoom on June 24 at 6:30 p.m. PT!
All registered SOBC Challenge Games participants will receive the Zoom link for the Victory Dance on the email address with which they registered.
If you're a supporter who would like to join the party, please click here to register.
See and Share Your Pics
Leaderboards are updated weekly on Wednesdays!
We're also excited to celebrate the school groups who have been getting involved in the SOBC Challenge Games! They are teaming up with their Regions, and their points are being counted separately so we can have some exciting inter-school competition as well!
Weekly Prize Winners – Week 7
Region 1 – Caren McAndrew
Region 2 – Joshua Trudell
Region 3 – Amy Nelson
Region 4 – Kelsey Thomson
Region 5 – Jimmy Trinh
Region 6 – Shayne Blandin
Region 7 – Bradley Sankey
Region 8 – Dara Watson
Schools – Emma Doucette
Training Group Leaders
Ray Huson | Savina Singh | Patricia Milne | Sherry Wright | Janice Chan | Denise Cunningham | Barb Van Zoeren
Here are the calendars of daily activity and wellness challenges that the 800-plus competitors completed:
Additional activity ideas were found in the lists below!
Physical activity ideas
Health and Wellness activity ideas
Celebrity Honorary Coaches
Provincial sport celebrities have generously stepped forward to help cheer for and motivate the SOBC Challenge Games athletes! We’re so grateful for the support of Challenge Games Honorary Head Coach Rick Campbell of the BC Lions. We’re also delighted to announce the Regional Honorary Coaches:
- Region 1: Vancouver Canucks icon Henrik Sedin
- Region 2: Two-time soccer Olympian Emily Zurrer
- Region 3: Vancouver Canucks legend Darcy Rota
- Region 4: BC Lions wide receiver Lemar Durant
- Region 5: Vancouver Whitecaps FC ambassador and great Carl Valentine
- Region 6: Hall of Fame sports broadcaster Bernie Pascall
- Regions 7 & 8: Vancouver Canucks icon Daniel Sedin
Sincere thanks to these Honorary Coaches who are graciously giving their time to join team pep rallies and share motivational messages!
Share Your #SOBCChallengeGames Spirit
Let's spread the spirit by showing the Challenge Games torch around towns throughout our province! Share your torch snap for a chance to be featured in Special Olympics BC's social media or in Games ceremonies!
- Please click here to download the printable torch or here for the digital version for your device
- Click a pic of you with the torch!
- Upload your picture here, or send to SOBC's Megan Pollock by email at email@example.com or text at 604-737-3077
Represent your Region with pride with these Facebook profile picture frames!
Click here to learn how to add a frame to your Facebook profile picture. Search for "SOBC Challenge Games" and choose your Region!
Any Locals that would like to offer small in-person training opportunities, including Provincial Challenge Games training group activities, can do so following the current Return to Sport requirements. Challenge Games training groups must submit the Program Application before doing any in-person exercise activities.
Physical distancing MUST be practiced in all in-person activities. Participants must stay 3 metres/10 feet apart while training, and 2 metres/6 feet apart when entering and leaving facilities.
PackageS for Offline Participants
If you’re a training group leader working with athletes who are not online, you can ask SOBC to mail packages to them. Please contact SOBC Sport Manager Helen Cheung by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or on cell at 604-737-3055. If you would like to print pieces yourself, below are all the components of the package.
- Challenge Games Offline June Calendar
- SOBC Walking Scavenger Hunt Part 2
- SOBC Super Circuit Workout #2
- SOBC Daily Routine Planning Template
- SOBC Challenge Games Wellness Bingo
- Virtual Law Enforcement Torch Run participation package
- Challenge Games Offline May Calendar
- SOBC At-Home Super Circuit Workout
- Special Olympics Fit 5 Fitness Cards and SOBC Workout Template to help you use the Fit 5 cards
- Active Athlete Alphabet At-Home Workout by SOBC – Kelowna Club Fit coach Emma Lainchbury
- SOBC Walking Scavenger Hunt
- Special Olympics International Stretching Handout #1
- Special Olympics International Stretching Handout #2
- SOBC My Mental Wellness Workbook
- SOBC Challenge Games Recipes
- SOBC Daily Routine Planning Template
- SO International Strong Minds Sleeping Tips
Any coaches, administrative volunteers, family members, or Special Olympics BC supporters can get involved as Training Group Leaders, supporting athletes to compete their challenges and help their Regional team chase top spot in the province! Check out the technical package with all the details!
Schools can easily get involved – visit the school package for all the details and registration info!
Spread the word
Everyone can help spread the word using Challenge Games social media and email graphics!
Add an #SOBCChallengeGames frame to your Facebook profile picture! Click here and search SOBC Challenge Games!
Volunteer Town Hall Meeting
April 13 event that covered some FAQs and fantastic points by volunteers gearing up for the SOBC Challenge Games.
- Zoom 101 tips for beginners and pros
- How to Use Zoom video by a Special Olympics Ontario athlete
- Tips for using fillable PDF files
Regional Team Contacts
Chef de Mission
SOBC Community Development Staff
Peter De Marchi