SOC Sport Rules
Basic Skills Acquisition
Sport Skills Book
Please click here to find snowshoeing competitions in the SOBC event calendar.
Event Planning Guide - Snowshoeing Supplement
Please click here for the Snowshoeing Event Planning Supplement.
For the full SOBC Sport Event Planning Guide, please visit the Coaching Tools page.
SOBC Sanctioning Document - Snowshoeing Supplement
Please click here for the SOBC criteria for sanctioning snowshoeing competitions.
For the full SOBC Sanctioning Document and appendices, please visit the Coaching Tools page.
- Snowshoeing Dryland Training Guide
- Snow sports dryland training presentation by Gina Grain at an SOBC Performance Program camp November 2014
- More dryland training guides
Snowshoeing session overview November 2015
This video is a brief overview of the first on-snow session that Performance Program snowshoeing coaches and athletes had with Kamloops track and field Head Coach Oleg Bondarchuk. The athletes and coaches work on arm motion while running, and two different start drills - one starting with your head down and waiting for the cue to run and the other falling into your start.
Thank you Oleg for sharing your expertise!
- SOBC general coaching videos
- Functional testing and corrective exercises
- More videos on Special Olympics BC's YouTube channel
- Please click here to access additional sport, coaching, and healthy living resources