SOC Sport Rules
SOBC Exceptions to the SOC Sport Rules
Please note that these rule exceptions only apply to Local, Regional and where noted, Provincial Games. Athletes and Coaches must be aware that all competitions outside of the above will be governed by SOC rules and the rules of that Sport's Governing Body.
1. Score keepers must have coaches sign score sheets at the end of the game. The director of tournament play will oversee all referees, timekeepers and scorekeepers at the competition. This will ensure that both teams agree upon scores before the score is made final. Once the score sheet is signed a protest CANNOT proceed.
2. Where a seeding round is necessary, a coaches' meeting will be held after the teams are seeded. This will give coaches some input as to where and why their teams were seeded in the division in which they find themselves. If the head coach is not satisfied with where his/her team is seeded he/she may appeal the decision in writing within five (5) minutes of the seeding being posted. Upon a decision, all head coaches will be notified by the seeding committee of any changes that have been made. Only one (1) appeal per team is allowed. Once the first set of appeals has been heard, the decision from the seeding committee will be final.
Basic Skill Acquisition
Please click here to find competitions in the SOBC event calendar.
SOBC Sanctioning Document - Basketball
Please click here for the Basketball Sanctioning supplement.
For the full SOBC Sanctioning Document and appendices, please visit the Hosting a Competition page.
Individual Skills Competition
Individual skills competitions are designed to provide athletes of lower ability and/or multiple disabilities who have not yet developed the skills to participate in traditional Special Olympics competition with a competitive opportunity aimed at providing meaningful rewarding competition.
- SOBC Coach Development Webinars
- Functional testing and corrective exercises
- More videos on Special Olympics BC's YouTube channel
- Provincial Sport Organization
- National Sport Organization
- International Sport Organization
- Please click here to access additional sport, coaching, and healthy living resources
- Role of a Coach
Back to Sport Rules, Resources, & Videos Homepage