SOC Sport Rules
SOBC exceptions to the SOC Sport Rules
Please note that these rule exceptions only apply to Local, Regional, and where noted, Provincial Games. Athletes and coaches must be aware that all competitions outside of the above would be governed by SOC rules and the rules of that Sport’s Governing Body.
- An athlete may participate in the 50 metre running event only at Local and Regional track and field meets. This is a developmental event only and athletes capable of distances longer than 50 metres do not require this event.
Basic Skills Acquisition
Please click here for Track Events
Please click here for Field Events (Jumps)
Please click here for Field Events (Throws)
Sport Skills Book
Please click here to find athletics competitions in the SOBC event calendar.
Event Planning Guide - Athletics Supplement
Please click here for the Athletics Event Planning Supplement.
SOBC Sanctioning Document - Athletics Supplement
Please click here for the Athletics Sanctioning Supplement
For the full SOBC Sanctioning Document and appendices, please visit the Hosting a Competition page.
- SOBC Athletics Coach Development Webinars: May 3, 2020 | May 24, 2020 | June 7, 2020
- SOBC athletics coaching videos
- Functional testing and corrective exercises
- More videos on Special Olympics BC's YouTube channel
- Provincial Sport Organization
- National Sport Organization
- International Sport Organization
- Please click here to access additional sport, coaching, and healthy living resources
- Role of a Coach