SOC Sport Rules
- SOBC note January 2016: Special Olympics Canada has moved away from handicap bowling and has moved exclusively to scratch bowling for competition. SOBC coaches can still use their preferred system, but for Provincial Games SOBC will likely also move in this direction to stay consistent.
SOBC exceptions to the SOC Sport Rules
Please note that these rule exceptions only apply to Local, Regional and where noted, Provincial Games. Athletes and Coaches must be aware that all competitions outside the above would be governed by SOC rules and the rules of that Sport's Governing Body.
- For registration, all Bowling coaches will include a Bowling Lane's computer printout of, or have the Bowling Lanes sign a copy of, the Bowlers official averages with every tournament registration form.
Basic Skill Acquisition
Sport Skills Book
Please click here to find 10-pin bowling competitions in the SOBC event calendar.
Event Planning Guide - Bowling Supplement
Please click here for the Bowling Event Planning Supplement.
For the full SOBC Sport Event Planning Guide, please visit the Hosting a Competition page.
SOBC Sanctioning Document - 10-Pin Bowling Supplement
Please click here for the 10 Pin Bowling Sanctioning Supplement
For the full SOBC Sanctioning Document and appendices, please visit the Hosting a Competition page.
- SOBC Coach Development Workshops
- Functional testing and corrective exercises
- More videos on Special Olympics BC's YouTube channel
- Provincial Sport Organization
- National Sport Organization
- Please click here to access additional sport, coaching, and healthy living resources
- Role of a Coach