When you raise funds through the Polar Plunge for Special Olympics BC presented by Prospera Credit Union, you are helping create empowering opportunities for more than 5,200 athletes with intellectual disabilities across the province. Thank you so much for helping SOBC change lives and build more inclusive communities!
Raising funds through the Polar Plunge for SOBC is easy and fun! You can also earn cool prizes and awesome incentives.
Here is a five-step plan a Plunger could use to raise $100:
- Register for the Polar Plunge and donate $25 to yourself.
- Email four coworkers or classmates and ask them each to pledge $10.
- Announce on social media that you will be doing the #Plunge4SOBC. Ask for donations in your post, and receive $15 from friends.
- Ask two family members to each donate $10.
- Bust out your best costume and prepare to Plunge – you’ve already raised $100! Congratulations!
Submitting funds by cheque
Cheques should be made payable to Special Olympics BC. Please include your name and “Polar Plunge” in the memo field so we can recognize you for your fundraising efforts.
Submitting cash donations
If you receive any cash donations, please contact Meg Ishida at firstname.lastname@example.org or 604-314-4535 to discuss how to submit the donations to SOBC.