The Athletic Achievement Award is presented annually to a male or female athlete who has demonstrated outstanding athletic skill both in practice and competition.
This athlete works hard to develop their abilities and to excel in their sport(s). In addition to athletic ability, this athlete must act as a role model for other Special Olympics athletes.
We are delighted to announce that the 2020 Athletic Achievement Award winner is Tanya Norman of SOBC – Powell River!
Past Athletic Achievement Award winners:
- Kelsey Wyse, SOBC – Kelowna (2019)
- Michael Langridge, SOBC – Victoria (2018)
- Paige Norton, SOBC – Abbotsford (2017)
- Magnus Batara, SOBC – Richmond (2016)
- Mike Palitti, SOBC – Abbotsford (2015)
- Magnus Batara, SOBC – Richmond (2014)
- Erin Thom, SOBC – Kimberley/Cranbrook (2013)
- Hazen Meade, SOBC – Campbell River (2012)
- Paige Norton, SOBC – Abbotsford (2011)
- Richard Gillis, SOBC – Kelowna (2010)
- Bridget Colvin, SOBC – Burnaby (2009)
- Marinka VanHage, SOBC – Prince George (2008)
- Dave Devison, SOBC – Campbell River (2007)
- Alan Swan, SOBC – Victoria (2006)
- Jason Mills, SOBC – Campbell River (2005)