Proper nutrition and hydration is important for athletes wanting to feel and perform their best. Whether you're a master chef, or a beginner in the kitchen, a little practice goes a long way. Use the resources below to start creating quick and healthy meals today!
- Fueling for Sport with Sobeys Dietitians (January 2023)
- Sobeys Nutrition Corner - lessons on the Canada Food Guide, Healthy Eating on the Go, Hydration, Mindful Eating, Test Your Nutrition Knowledge, Protein Foods, Vegetables & Fruit and Whole Grains (2021)
- Sobeys Nutrition Break on Healthy Kitchen Cupboards (2021)
- Sobeys Dietitians Facebook Live session on Special Olympics athletes fuelling for sport (2022)
- One-stop Health and Wellness Manual compiled by SOBC (2017)
- Special Olympics Canada Athlete Nutrition Guide (2018)
- Special Olympics BC & Action Schools! BC Healthy Living booklet (2014)
- Nutrition and grocery shopping tips prepared specifically for SOBC athletes (2014)
- Nutrition for Special Olympics athletes - prepared for SOBC coaches by Madelaine Parent (2016)
- SOBC Nutrition Guide (2010)
- Special Olympics TRAIN at Home Nutrition Guide
Watch the Healthy Athletes nutrition video created by Special Olympics BC athletes and Health Messengers Jesse and Zack Thibeault:
Find more resources on the Athlete Health Resources page, and find upcoming SOBC health events and opportunities here!