At-home training and wellness
Use Special Olympics BC's monthly challenge calendar template to plan your daily workouts and wellness activities. Let's stay active together to be in top shape for sports!
In addition to using your calendar, you can join the SOBC Wellness Challenges Facebook Group to share encouragement and motivation!
Looking for activities to fill your calendar? Pick challenges from the below lists!
Physical activity ideas
Health and wellness activity ideas
SOBC Challenge Games
In spring 2021, athletes across the province accepted the challenge to compete and connect with the Special Olympics BC Provincial Challenge Games!
Past calendars and Facebook Live recordings
Upcoming health opportunities
Find SOBC health events in our calendar!
Info on COVID-19 and staying healthy at home
Special Olympics at-home workouts
Need a new workout routine? Check out some of the awesome options below!
SOBC Facebook Live workouts
Active Athlete Alphabet
- Emma Lainchbury, Special Olympics BC – Kelowna Club Fit coach
Matthew Hender's No Pain, No Gain
Special Olympics BC – Quesnel athlete and Health Messenger Matthew Hender has you covered with his “No Pain, No Gain” circuit!
Athletes want to perform their best at every competition. You can do this by being fit. The Special Olympics Fit 5 program is a plan for physical activity, nutrition, and hydration. It can improve your health and fitness to make you the best athlete you can be. The fitness cards and videos offer exercises to challenge all abilities. These exercises can be done at practice, at the gym, or even at home!
Special Olympics School of Strength
Special Olympics athletes and WWE Superstar Becky Lynch teamed up to launch an awesome series of at-home training videos! Work out with these videos five times a week to help you stay fit and reach your athletic goals.
Bonus School of Strength class with WWE Superstar Drew McIntyre
Get moving with Shayla McLean
Work out with Special Olympics BC – Kelowna coach Shayla McLean, who delivered at-home Club Fit sessions on Facebook three times a week through spring and summer 2020!
1 per cent better every day with Steve Topham
Improve your athletic performance and daily lives by completing at-home workouts with Special Olympics Team Canada strength and conditioning coach Steve Topham!
Yoga and Mindfulness with Shelbi Snodgrass
Yoga is an important part of any athlete’s routine. So our very special guest Shelbi Snodgrass created a series of calm, stretchy, and welcoming Yoga and Mindfulness sessions specifically for the Special Olympics BC community!
More physical training tools
- Healthy Holiday Challenge 2019 - 30 days of fun daily health challenges!
- Athlete Training Diary
- Training Diary: Extra Sheets
- At-Home Fitness Guide
- Stretching Guide (new August 2017)
- Dryland Training Tools
- SOBC Monthly Athlete Training Tips
Mental training tools
- My Mental Health Workbook (updated April 2021)
- SOBC daily at-home routine template (new April 2020)
- Special Olympics International Strong Minds Activity Guide (new June 2020)
- SOBC coping strategies during COVID-19 by Mental Performance Consultant Keltie Sommer (new May 2020)
- SOBC Strong Minds tips by B.C. Clinical Director Sarah Kiengersky (new April 2020)
- SOI Take 5 for Strong Minds Challenge - practicing Strong Minds stress-reducing techniques (using a stress ball, thinking positive thoughts, deep breathing, stretching)
- SOBC Mental Training Guide
- SOI Strong Minds tips for stress
Nutrition & wellness tools
- Find nutrition and wellness resources as well as as some quick and healthy recipes you can start creating today on our Nutrition Resources page!
Healthy Athletes program info
- What is Healthy Athletes
- Fit Feet
- Health Promotion
- Healthy Hearing
- Opening Eyes
- Special Smiles
- Strong Minds
- Please click here for a list of additional online resources to help athletes