SOBC Move-It March & Active April Challenge 2020
Special Olympics BC wants to help everyone stay active, healthy, moving – and having fun! Try out our Move-It March and Active April wellness calendars! Open the calendar and click each day’s image to find your activity for the day. Stay tuned to SOBC’s social media accounts for future challenges!
Tune in to our Facebook Page on Mondays at noon PT to be part of each week's challenge launch on Facebook Live! Please share your comments and questions, we love hearing from you!
Info on COVID-19
Special Olympics Fit 5
Athletes want to perform their best at every competition. You can do this by being fit. Special Olympics International's Fit 5 program is a plan for physical activity, nutrition, and hydration. It can improve your health and fitness to make you the best athlete you can be. The fitness cards and videos offer exercises to challenge all abilities. These exercises can be done at practice, at the gym, or even at home!
Special Olympics School of Strength
Special Olympics athletes and WWE Superstar Becky Lynch teamed up to launch an awesome series of at-home training videos! Work out with these videos five times a week to help you stay fit and reach your athletic goals. Please click here to join the School of Strength
Health Care Appointment Support
To help with communication and followup for visits with health care providers, Special Olympics BC has created this booklet that athletes can print and take to appointments to help them talk about issues and keep track of what needs to happen next.
SOBC Physical Training Tools
- Healthy Holiday Challenge 2019 - 30 days of fun daily health challenges!
- Athlete Training Diary
- Training Diary: Extra Sheets
- At-Home Fitness Guide
- Stretching Guide (new August 2017)
- Dryland Training Tools
- SOBC Monthly Athlete Training Tips
Special Olympics Mental Training Tools
SOBC Nutrition & Wellness Tools
- One-stop Health and Wellness Manual compiled by SOBC (2017)
- Special Olympics Canada Athlete Nutrition Guide (online tool relaunched Jan 2018 with material for athletes of all ages)
- Special Olympics BC & Action Schools! BC Healthy Living booklet (2014)
- Nutrition and grocery shopping tips prepared specifically for SOBC athletes (2014)
- Nutrition for Special Olympics athletes - prepared for SOBC coaches by Madelaine Parent (2016)
- SOBC Nutrition Guide (2010)
- Special Olympics TRAIN at Home Nutrition Guide
- Watch the Healthy Athletes nutrition video created by Special Olympics BC athletes and Health Messengers Jesse and Zack Thibeault:
SOBC Healthy Athletes Program Tools
- What is Healthy Athletes
- Fit Feet
- Health Promotion
- Healthy Hearing
- Opening Eyes
- Special Smiles
- Strong Minds
- Please click here for a list of additional online resources to help athletes