Welcome families and friends! For those able to attend the 2023 Special Olympics BC Winter Games in person, see the below resources for assistance with your Games experience. More information such as schedules and livestreaming will be made available soon.
Hotels for supporters
Accent Inns Kamloops
1325 Columbia St W
Dates Available: January 30 to February 7, 2023
Details: 30 rooms with 2 queen beds @ $115 plus tax
Group ID: 6048852
How to reserve: 1-800-663-0298 and quote GROUP ID 6048852 “Special Olympics BC”. All reservations are to be made prior to the release date of December 31, 2022. Individuals can cancel their reservation up to 48 hours prior to arrival.
Best Western Kamloops
660 Columbia St W
Click here for information.
Thompson Hotel & Conference Centre
Available February 1 to 6, 2023
- 50 rooms
- Rate is $119/night + taxes for weeknight dates and $129/night + taxes for weekend dates (based on double occupancy)
- Includes one parking pass with each reservation and continental breakfast
Group ID: 2256
How to reserve: Call their Front Desk at 888-374-8999 or email at email@example.com and quote booking reference number 2256 or Special Olympics BC.
Any rooms not picked up by January 2 will be released.
- The above rates are non-commissionable and based on single or double occupancy and do not include 8% PST, 5% GST, and 3% Room Tax.
- Extra adult charge is $20 per adult, no charge for children 17 years or younger.
- Complimentary parking is included for one vehicle with each room reservation. Any additional parking passes needed are $10.00 per day.
- Breakfast is included in room rate.
- Check-in time is 4 p.m. and check-out time is 11 a.m.
- Hotel quiet time is from 10 p.m. to 9 a.m.
- Block release date: January 2, 2023 (30 days prior to arrival)
- NOTE: any rooms not picked up by this date will be released, and quoted pricing/availability cannot be guaranteed after this date.
- Individual reservation: 24 hours prior to arrival
- $100 incidental deposit per room will be required by major credit card from each individual guest.
Wingate by Wyndham Kamloops
1180 Rogers Way
Group ID: Ask for rate code - "LPOM" for special rate of $129.00, and give dates and event name, "Special Olympics."
How to reserve: Call 778-471-7706
Floor hockey fans: A suggested spot for light lunches and refreshments is the Taste Kitchen (inside the Tournament Capital Centre lobby at 910 McGill Rd)