Strength. Sport. Spirit
Make a difference in the life of a Special Olympics Althlete competing in the Winter Games!
Your contribution, no matter the size, will aid us in ensuring that athletes competing from across Alberta and N.W.T., will have an amazing games experience.
Over 800 athletes will compete in eight sports: 5-pin bowling, alpine skiing, cross country skiing, curling, figure skating, floor hockey, snowshoeing, and speed skating, in the 2019 Special Olympics Alberta Winter Games from February 8 to 10, 2019.
Special Olympics Alberta’s programs cater to all ages and a wide range of abilities
- We have programs for children, youth and adults.
- We provide an introduction to sport and physical activity, programs that offer daily training and local competition, and the opportunity to participate in high-performance competition.
- Special Olympics believes that people with intellectual disabilities can, and will, succeed when given the opportunity – we are leveling the playing field.
- Special Olympics uses the transformative power and joy of sport to reveal the full potential of athletes with intellectual disabilities
- Special Olympics programs are delivered by trained coaches and dedicated volunteers.
Special Olympics is a catalyst for social change.
- instill confidence, self-esteem and other life skills in our athletes
- Contribute to healthier athletes with life-long physical fitness habits
- Change attitudes and create a more inclusive society
- Strengthen communities