Take the plunge for Special Olympics Saskatchewan! Join Law Enforcement Torch Run (LETR) members across the province in support of Special Olympics Saskatchewan athletes!
❄️POLAR PLUNGE 2021❄️
Now entering it's fifth year, the LETR Polar Plunge for Special Olympics Saskatchewan is one of the biggest fundraising events of the year for the over 1,500 Special Olympics athletes in our province. We couldn't "bear" the idea of not hosting it this year, which is why we have come up with a fun virtual format with a couple exciting twists! All funds raised from the Polar Plunge stay in Saskatchewan and go toward enriching the lives of individuals with an intellectual disability. While we acknowledge that the Winter weather isn't always 'snow n'ice' we encourage you to embrace the elements for a great cause! You can get involved by registering as an individual or team, pledging a plunger or making a general donation. It's time to get #FreezinForAReason Saskatchewan!
We are excited to announce two exciting ways to register for the Polar Plunge this year!
Option 1: Register as an individual. The individual who fundraises the highest amount will get to choose from the list of celebrity plungers who will receive the "honour" of taking an outdoor ice bath!
Option 2: Register as a team. The team who fundraises the highest total, will get to choose from the list of registered teams, which team captain will receive the "honour" of taking an outdoor ice bath!
🐻❄️WHAT IS A VIRTUAL POLAR PLUNGE?🐻❄️
A virtual Polar Plunge is about braving the cold and showing Winter who is boss! View the video below for some examples!
🧊HOW THE POLAR PLUNGE WORKS🧊
1) Register from anywhere in the province as an individual or on a team. Just for registering, you will automatically receive an entry for the grand prize draw of $500 in "cold" hard cash, which will take place on March 1st! ($20 minimum donation to Special Olympics Saskatchewan to register).
2) Fundraise in support of Special Olympics Saskatchewan. Ask friends, family and co-workers for pledges! For each $100 fundraised by a participant, a ballot will automatically be entered for you to win a $500 Sobeys gift card! If you would prefer to collect donations offline, please find offline pledge sheets below. (Note that the pledge sheets must be received by the Special Olympics Saskatchewan office prior to February 16th to be eligible for the draw).
3) Create a video or post a picture of you braving the cold! Tag us on social media @specialosask with the hashtag #FreezinForAReason to receive one additional entry in the grand prize cash draw. The most creative post (selected by our Polar Plunge planning committee) will also receive a $100 Tim Hortons gift card! Costumes are strongly encouraged! *Safety is our top priority, we will not accept any videos of jumping in frozen lakes or bodies of water or videos that do not follow COVID-19 safety protocols. Have fun with it; but above all, BE SAFE..
4) The individual and team who fundraise the highest total by noon on March 1st, will get to choose who will have the "honour" of taking an outdoor Polar Plunge ice bath. One celebrity plunger and one team captain will be selected to each take an outdoor ice bath in support of Special Olympics Saskatchewan.
* The Polar Plunge will be open until March 1st at noon. Shortly after the fundraising closes, the prize draws will take place on our Facebook page.
We are excited to have a team of "brrr"ave celebrity plungers join us in the 2021 Polar Plunge. Read more about each celebrity plunger through their fundraising pages below!