The Benefits you get with Coaching
Coaching/ sport volunteering with Special Olympics NWT comes with many benefits, including:
- Watching the athletes improve their skills and abilities in sport
- Getting involved with the community
- Sharing your love of sport
- Building friendships
- Being a positive role model for athletes
- And creating joy for the athletes!
The REquirements you need
- You do not need experience to become a coach / sport volunteer.
- You must be a minimum of 16 years old. If you are under the age of 18, you must be supervised by someone who is 18 years of age or older.
The Steps to becoming a Coach / Sport Volunteer
1. Read through the volunteer package to find out the dates, times and locations the sports are being offered, and which sports you would like to volunteer at.
2. Email: email@example.com to express your interest, and she will email you with a volunteer form.
3. Send in a Vulnerable Sector 3 police check (must have been completed in the last 3 years)
4. Start the program!
5. Complete Special Olympics Volunteer Orientation and NCCP Safe Sport courses online.
THe Coaching Resources
Click one of the sports below for information concerning rules, regulations, and coaching rules.
If you have any questions about your role or the program, please reference the Northwest Territories Special Olympics Volunteer Handbook below