Program Assistant - funded by Service Canada
Special Olympics NL is dedicated to enriching the lives of individuals with an intellectual disability through sport. We are currently seeking an enthusiastic and energetic individual to assist in the development and implementation of virtual Unified Sports© school programs.
Location: St. John’s, NL Start Date: Sept. 27, 2021, Rate of pay: $12.50/hr. Term: 30hrs/week, 9 weeks
Responsible To: Kim McDonald-Wilkes (she/her/hers), SONL, Program Director
- Assist with the creation of materials for the Virtual Unified Sports© Program for schools.
- Market the Virtual Unified Sports© School Programs to Primary and Elementary Schools
- Support schools with the delivery of Virtual Unified Sports© Programs
- Assist the Special Olympics Newfoundland & Labrador Community clubs with online registration
- Assist the Provincial office with migration to Microsoft 365
- Registration data entry
- Support athletes/volunteers with all activities. (virtual/in-person)
- Work as both part of a team and independently.
- Be a positive role model to Special Olympics athletes.
- Ensure Safe Sport and Return to Program Plan are followed during programs.
- Ability to work from home (if needed) and some travel may be required (own vehicle)
- Other duties as assigned.
- Experience working with individuals with an Intellectual Disability.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, be creative and energetic.
- Sport or recreation background/knowledge an asset.
- Knowledge of social media platforms, M365 or Google Workspace, Zoom, and Canva.
- Fundamental Movement Skills, High Five or similar training an asset.
- Special Olympics Intro-Comp Course or other NCCP courses an asset.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Current criminal records check with vulnerable sector check.
- Applicant must be between 15 and 30 years of age at the start of employment.
- Canadian citizen or permanent resident or have official refugee protection status under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (foreign students are not eligible)
- Legally entitled to work in Canada, according to relevant provincial legislation and regulations.
To apply forward resume by September 22, 2021, to Executive Director, Trish Williams email@example.com
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.