Planned giving allows you to leave a legacy within your community by enabling Special Olympics BC to provide life-enriching sports experiences to individuals with an intellectual disability in the future, while providing tax and financial benefits to you today.
Special Olympics BC and your professional advisor can tell you more about the financial and tax benefits of planned gifts, and can provide you with information on the following planned giving options:
- Leaving a specific dollar amount or percentage of your assets, such as cash, stocks, bonds, mutual funds, term deposits, real estate, vehicles, art, jewellery, or insurance in your will;
- Naming SOBC as the beneficiary or your RRSP, RRIF or pension;
- Naming SOBC as the beneficiary of an existing or paid-up life insurance policy;
- Purchasing a new life-insurance policy naming SOBC as the beneficiary;
- Remembering loved ones with memorial gifts.
If you are thinking about honouring Special Olympics athletes in this way, please contact Christina Hadley, Vice President, Fund Development & Communications, by phone at 604-737-3073 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.