We are continually updating this website page as the situation evolves and resources are created.
Last update: May 3, 2021 - added coach training webinars
Current Sport Levels
Provincial sport organizations are allowed to run very small adult sport training opportunities, and youth programs are allowed to continue, all with current safety requirements in place. Special Olympics BC is inviting Locals to apply to their Community Development Coordinators in order to reopen programs under the current conditions. Please click here for the status as of March 31
If you have any questions or feedback, please don't hesitate to email firstname.lastname@example.org.
SOBC Return to Sport Plan
- The full plan (March 31, 2021)
How do i return to sport?
- Athlete requirements and resources
- Coach and volunteer requirements and resources
- Frequently Asked Questions (January 18, 2021)
The safety of all participants remains our highest priority. We appreciate everyone’s diligence in following all safety and hygiene protocols. This is essential to protect everyone.
Coach and volunteer webinars
SOBC is running required Return to Sport training webinars for all coaches in our open sports. Upcoming webinars:
The registration deadline for each is 9 a.m. on the day of the webinar.
In line with current recommendations from the Provincial Health Officer, all participants in all indoor programs (except swimming) must wear masks. Any participants who need to apply for an exemption for medical reasons are asked to contact SOBC staff at email@example.com.
Basic Program Safety Standards and Resources
- Application for Locals Starting or Restarting a Program (March 22, 2021)
- Standard Program Protocol (March 31, 2021)
- Program Progressions during Return to Sport (October 19, 2020)
- Program Safety Volunteer Role (January 12, 2021)
- Health Screening Tracking Form (October 30, 2020)
- Coach Checklist (no longer necessary, as this content is covered in the Program Application linked above)
- Positive Case Timeline
- Immediate Emergency Contact List
Sport-Specific Protocols and Resources
Updated March 31, 2021
(indoor Club Fit
(5- and 10-pin)
|Fit Families & Friends|
|Bocce||Cross Country Skiing||Active Start|
Return to Sport News
Please click here for past updates.
This email address is monitored by SOBC Vice President, Sport Lois McNary, SOBC Sport Manager Helen Cheung, and SOBC Program Manager Michelle Cruickshank to provide timely responses.