We are continually updating this website page as the situation evolves and resources are created.
Last update: February 9, 2021 - please click here for the summary
Current Sport Levels
Provincial sport organizations are allowed to run very small adult sport training opportunities, and youth programs are allowed to continue, all with some new safety requirements in place. Special Olympics BC is inviting Locals to apply to their Community Development Coordinators in order to reopen programs under the current conditions. Please click here for the full summary of changes
If you have any questions or feedback, please don't hesitate to email email@example.com.
SOBC Return to Sport Plan
- The full plan (February 9, 2021)
How do i return to sport?
- Athlete requirements and resources
- Coach and volunteer requirements and resources
- Frequently Asked Questions (January 18, 2021)
The safety of all participants remains our highest priority. We appreciate everyone’s diligence in following all safety and hygiene protocols. This is essential to protect everyone.
Coach and volunteer webinars
SOBC is running required Return to Sport training webinars for all coaches in our open sports. Upcoming webinars will be posted here as arising.
The registration deadline for each is 9 a.m. on the day of the webinar.
In line with current recommendations from the Provincial Health Officer, all participants in all indoor programs (except swimming) must wear masks. Any participants who need to apply for an exemption for medical reasons are asked to contact SOBC staff at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Basic Program Safety Standards and Resources
- Application for Locals Starting or Restarting a Program (January 18, 2021)
- Standard Program Protocol (January 12, 2021)
- Program Progressions during Return to Sport (October 19, 2020)
- Program Safety Volunteer Role (January 12, 2021)
- Health Screening Tracking Form (October 30, 2020)
- Coach Checklist (no longer necessary, as this content is covered in the Program Application linked above)
- Positive Case Timeline
- Immediate Emergency Contact List
Sport-Specific Protocols and Resources
(indoor Club Fit
(updated Feb 9)
(5- and 10-pin)
|Fit Families & Friends|
|Bocce||Cross Country Skiing||Active Start|
(updated Feb 9)
(new Feb 9)
(new Feb 9)
Return to Sport News
Please click here for past updates.
Work continues on sport-specific safety requirements for remaining sports. Additional sports will be added when the sport-specific plans and education are available, when facilities are available, AND when provincial health conditions allow.
This email address is monitored by SOBC Vice President, Sport Lois McNary, SOBC Sport Manager Helen Cheung, and SOBC Program Manager Michelle Cruickshank to provide timely responses.