Return to Sport Safety Requirements
Special Olympics BC Return to Sport safety protocols apply to all SOBC programs and events.
Please note: If you expect your competition will involve more than 50 people, please include that information in your sanctioning forms, and share how you plan to manage that safely.
Please note: Please tell spectators and coaches that any spectators who would like to attend Regional Qualifiers must check with their local coaches before coming to an event. Competition organizers should keep coaches up to date on whether there will be any capacity restrictions, and share information on safety requirements at the facility; coaches can then relay that to local supporters.
SOBC Sanctioning Document
- SOBC Regional Qualifier Sanctioning Package
- Appendix A - Regional Qualifier Sanctioning Form
- Appendix B - For Event-Only Volunteers - Event Participation Waiver and Media Release
- Appendix C - Divisioning Procedures
- Appendix D - Emergency Action Plan Template (EAP)
- Appendix E - Coach Sign In Sheet
- Appendix F - Communicable Disease Prevention Plan
- Risk Management
Sport-Specific Sanctioning Supplements
- 5-pin bowling
- Alpine skiing
- Cross country skiing
- Figure skating
- Floor hockey
- Speed skating
Please reach out to Special Olympics BC provincial staff anytime! We are so grateful for your efforts and here to help make your event a quality experience for all!