As part of our 2020-21 series of virtual Athlete Leadership programs, Special Olympics BC will offer the three-part Virtual Athlete Speakers Bureau 1! Dates:
- Saturday, January 30, from 9 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. PT
- Sunday, January 31, from 9 a.m. to noon PT
- Tuesday, February 2, from 6 to 8 p.m. PT
Athletes must participate in all three sessions to complete this course.
This course provides public speaking training to help athletes share their stories and create awareness, inclusion, and support for Special Olympics in their communities!
The Athletes Speakers Bureau 1 will be delivered on Zoom by facilitator Charlotte Taylor.
Participating athletes must:
- have been involved with SOBC for at least three years;
- be able to use Zoom on a computer, with video turned on;
- have a speech coach who can sit with them during the sessions (i.e. someone who is in your bubble); and
- have a quiet space to work during the sessions.
For any questions, and to register, please email firstname.lastname@example.org by January 15. Please submit your name, Local, who your speech coach will be, and your mailing address. We will be sending out packages for participants prior to the course. Registration will be capped at 12 athletes.