SPORT EVENTS | Friday February 22 and Saturday February 23
All events are free to attend, no tickets required! Sport schedules (subject to change):
- 5-pin bowling
- Alpine skiing** updated February 13 with new run
- Cross country skiing updated February 15 | Race course maps
- Curling main schedule | With team names and results
- Figure skating
- Floor hockey main schedule | With team names and results
- Speed skating
**ALPINE SKIING NOTE: Unless you can ski and have paid for a lift ticket, you will not be able to gain access to the alpine ski venue to view the finish line.
Healthy Athletes Screenings
The 2019 SOBC Games will offer free, fun, and valuable health screenings for all Games competitors, delivered by volunteer professionals who are trained to support individuals with intellectual disabilities and help uncover issues in a welcoming environment. On the morning of Saturday, February 23, from 9 a.m. to approximately noon, the screenings will also be open to all local individuals with intellectual disabilities. Screenings will be held at the Greater Vernon Recreation Centre and will be offered in the disciplines of Opening Eyes, Special Smiles, Healthy Hearing, Fit Feet, and Health Promotion. Please click here to learn more about the Special Olympics Healthy Athletes program.
The Victory Dance on Saturday night is not open to the public. It is a coach and athlete only event. There is no public Games Closing Ceremony.
OPENING CEREMONY | THURSDAY FEBRUARY 21
- Time: 7:30 to 9 p.m.
- Location: Kal Tire Place
- Admission: free! No tickets required!
- Everyone was invited to come enjoy the show and welcome the excited and proud Regional and Yukon teams to Greater Vernon.