Special Olympics is the recognized “Charity of Choice” of the Canadian Association of Chiefs of Police (CACP) and the Alberta Association of Chiefs of Police (AACP). In February 2020, 98 Special Olympic Athletes will be representing Alberta at the 2020 Special Olympics Canada Winter Games in Thunder Bay, Ontario. Law Enforcement Agencies from across the province committed to support Team Alberta by drafting Athletes.
This is an opportunity for law enforcement members to contribute any amount they feel comfortable with to help with the costs associated for an athlete to attend the National Games.
As a Draft an Athlete partner you will enjoy:
- THE JOURNEY: An opportunity to follow the agency's athlete on their journey, leave messages on their webpage, and updates on their progress throughout the year, along with their results during Nationals.
- ATHLETE WEBPAGE: Law Enforement Agency logo recognition on your Team Alberta Athlete’s webpage.
- NEWSLETTER: Recognition as a drafter and team member in the Team Alberta 2020 Newsletter that will feature athlete profiles, TAB updates, and invitations to any public team events.
- PERSONALIZED THANK YOU: Personal thank you greeting from your drafted athlete.
- CHARITABLE TAX RECEIPT for donations of $25 and over
Choose your law enforcement agency below to help draft an athlete:
- Alberta Sheriff's/Commercial Vehicles
- Blood Tribe Police Service
- Calgary Police Service
- Camrose Police Service
- Correctional Services Alberta
- Edmonton Police Service
- Lacombe Police Service
- Lakeshore Regional Police Service
- Lethbridge Police Service
- Medicine Hat Police Service
- Taber Police Service
- T'suut'ina Nation Police Service