ON SATURDAY JULY 21, WILL YOU #CHOOSETOINCLUDE?
Join us for Day of Inclusion to celebrate Special Olympics’ 50th anniversary and help create a world where all people are recognized and included.
It’s as simple as grabbing your morning coffee!
On Saturday, simply visit your local Tim Hortons to buy a Special Olympics donut (only available July 21!), created by our very own Special Olympics Alberta athlete Savannah Lussier! Post a picture of you with your donut (Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter) with #ChooseToInclude, tagging @SpecialOCanada, to show you believe in the power of inclusion.
Proceeds from every Special Olympics donut sold will support our community programs across the country.
Individuals with intellectual disabilities are done being left behind.
On July 21 will you #ChooseToInclude?
HOW TO JOIN DAY OF INCLUSION
2. Visit your local Tim Hortons on Saturday July 21 to buy a Special Olympics Donut and post to social media with #ChooseToInclude @SpecialOCanada.
3. Join our Day of Inclusion Photo Challenge (details below).
4. Visit select local landmarks and iconic buildings as they LIGHT UP RED for inclusion the night of Saturday July 21. Snap a picture and post to social media with #ChooseToInclude @SpecialOCanada!
DAY OF INCLUSION PHOTO CHALLENGE
Participate in Special Olympics Canada’s Day of Inclusion Photo Challenge and be entered in a draw for the chance to win a TimCard!
The Friend/Family Challenge:
- On Saturday July 21, visit your local Tim Hortons with friends or family to buy Special Olympics donuts.
- Take a picture with the donuts and post it to social media (Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram) with #ChooseToInclude and #ChallengeAcceptedSOC.
- Be creative!
Each user will be entered into a draw for a $50 TimCard! One entry per social media user.
The Team Challenge:
- On Saturday July 21 visit a local Tim Hortons and purchase a baker’s dozen of Special Olympics donuts for your team.
- Take a picture of the team with the donuts and post to social media (Facebook, Twitter or Instagram) with #ChooseToInclude and #ChallengeAcceptedSOC.
- Be creative!
Each team will be entered into a draw for a $100 TimsCard! One entry per team.
THE SPECIAL OLYMPICS DONUT
On July 21st, participating Tim Hortons restaurants will feature a Special Olympics Donut created by Special Olympics athlete Savannah Lussier, a 14 year-old from Grand Prairie, AB.
The donut, developed by Savannah, is made of a delicious Honey Cruller with chocolate fondant and red and white sprinkles. Savannah’s inspiration came from the Honey Cruller and chocolate being her favourite, sprinkles are her brother’s favourite and red and white are the colours of Special Olympics.
Every time Savannah and her mom visit Tim Hortons, she has to get her Honey Cruller fix. This Saturday, it will be extra special, as she can opt for her very own creation!