The World’s Largest Truck Convoy for Special Olympics – a unique one-day celebration of the trucking industry and its support for Special Olympics – is back again! Special Olympics Saskatchewan is excited to announce that we’ve added an additional leg to our Truck Convoy, Swift Current through Moose Jaw to Regina, spreading the fun and increasing awareness throughout even more of our beautiful province. Coupled with the original Saskatoon through Chamberlain to Regina route, there’s lots to see and do this weekend with Special Olympics.
Join Saskatchewan’s compassionate army of truck drivers as law enforcement officers escort the World's Largest Truck Convoy down both Highway 1 and Highway 11 to raise awareness and funds for Special Olympics Saskatchewan athletes and to help change attitudes toward people with intellectual disabilities.
Who: Public Welcome
What: BBQ (by donation), music, face painting, Bouncy House, Truck Pull competition, and more!
When: Saturday, September 9, 2017
BBQ open between 11:30am-2:00pm
Trucks arrive around 12:15pm
Truck Pull starts at 1:00pm
*Full schedule below*
Where: Turvey Centre, 100 Armour Road, Regina, SK
Additional Event Details:
- The day starts in Saskatoon at the SaskTel Centre, and in Swift Current at Ackland Grainger, with coffee and refreshments between 7:30-8:30AM (open to the public).
- The Convoy will leave Saskatoon & Swift Current by 8:30AM and will arrive around noon at the Turvey Centre in Regina.
- Saskatchewan’s Truck Convoy typically attracts upwards of 60 semi trucks.
- Saskatoon route: The trucks travel south down Highway #11, merge on Albert Street, go South on Albert to Ring Road, West on Ring Road to Pasqua Street, then North on Pasqua Street to Armour Road, then to the Turvey Centre.
- Swift Current route: The trucks travel east down Highway #1, taking Ring Road to Albert Street North, then West onto Armour Road, then to the Turvey Centre.
- After all the trucks arrive from the Convoy, the 6th Annual Truck Pull competition will begin, where teams of eight attempt to pull a 15 tonne truck for 15 metres.
2017 Event Schedule
Convoy Breakfast Kickoff
Saskatoon | SaskTel Centre - 3515 Thatcher Ave
Swift Current | Acklands Grainger, 1440 South Service Rd. W
7:30 am - 8:30 am Kick off Breakfast (open to the public)
7:30 am - 8:15 am Trucker Registration
8:15 am Driver’s meeting
8:30 am Convoy Begins
10:45 am – 11:00 am Join the Convoy in Chamberlain or Moose Jaw (Prairie Oasis Restaurant)
Convoy Celebration BBQ – Open to the Public
Regina | Turvey Centre, 100 Armour Rd, Regina
11:30 am BBQ, Entertainment and Family fun
12:15 pm Trucks Arrive (approximate time)
1:00 pm - 2:00 pm Truck Pull Competition (registration required)
Visit www.specialolympics.ca/SKConvoy2017 for more information or to see how and where you can join in the fun! For any inquiries, please contact: Victoria Lacelle, Marketing and Development Coordinator, 306-780-9428 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
About Special Olympics Saskatchewan
Special Olympics Saskatchewan creates opportunities for individuals with an intellectual disability to enrich their lives through participation in sport. Funds raised at this event will help Special Olympics communities throughout the province continue to provide such sport programs and competition opportunities, from the local level to the world level.