Special Olympics PEI is excited to officially launch our Draft an Athlete fundraising campaign ahead of the 2018 Bowling Championships & 2018 National Summer Games! Islanders are invited to join our team by Drafting a Team PEI Athlete!
The Team PEI Draft an Athlete program allows supporters of the Special Olympics movement to fund a Team PEI 2018 athlete’s journey to National Games. Sponsorship through the Draft an Athlete program showcases your support for Special Olympics PEI athletes from your community, and will help offset the cost of these Games. Businesses and employees may pledge to Draft a Team PEI athlete by holding their own internal fundraiser or by making a corporate donation.
Meet Team PEI 2018
When given an opportunity to experience the thrill of competition at a Special Olympics National event, words cannot describe the positive impact this has on an athlete and their family. Through competition, these athletes gain self-esteem, confidence and strength, which benefits all aspects of their lives.
By supporting the Draft an Athlete program, you are giving an athlete the full National Games experience, including staying in an athlete’s village while attending Games, the opportunity to participate in opening and closing ceremonies, high caliber athletic venues with qualified officials, access to social and Healthy Athletes events, and memories that will last a lifetime.
As a thank you for your donation or pledge of $850, you will receive the following recognition:
- Website: Recognition on the Special Olympics Team PEI website;
- Athlete Picture: A framed and autographed picture of the athlete you sponsored including a short biography;
- Send-off: Invitation to and an introduction at the Team PEI Send-off Pep Rally;
- Competition Update: Your organization will receive postcards from your sponsored athlete and updates from Team PEI;
- Tax Receipt: You will receive a charitable tax receipt for the full amount of your donation;
- Athlete Opportunity: The opportunity to partner with a Special Olympics athlete for a company function. Increase your community profile by hosting a ‘special event’ in partnership with Special Olympics PEI.
If you are unable to Draft an Athlete, but still wish to support Team PEI, please consider supporting the Team PEI Booster Club.
Learn More about the Games
The 2018 National Summer Games are composed of three components: National Summer Games, 5-Pin Bowling Championships, and the 10-Pin Bowling Championships.
National Summer Games
The National Summer Games being held in Antigonish, Nova Scotia from July 31- August 4, 2018. PEI will be represented by 36 athletes, competing in 8 sports (Softball, Soccer, Rhythmic Gymnastics, Powerlifting, Bocce, Golf, Swimming, and Athletics). These athletes will be supported by 18 coaches and mission staff.
Bowling Championships - 5 and 10-Pin
The 5-Pin Bowling Championships are being held in Charlottetown, PEI, from May 14-20, 2018. PEI will be represented by 5 athletes and 1 coach.
The 10-Pin Bowling Championships are being held in Summerside and Tyne Valley, PEI from May 14-20, 2018. PEI will be represented by 4 athletes and 1 coach. The Bowling Championships are also supported by a Team Manager and Chef de Mission.