Special Olympics Canada 2016 Winter Games – Day 4
Upcoming Events for March 5, 2016
- This will be the final day of competition.
- Athletes will compete in cross country skiing from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m and snowshoeing from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the Blow Me Down Cross Country Ski Club.
- Curlers will compete from 8 a.m. until 1 p.m. at the Corner Brook Curling Club.
- Floor hockey competition will take place at the Corner Brook Regional High School and the Civic Centre Annex from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Live sport streaming schedule has floor hockey from 8 a.m. -12:30 a.m. Click on www.rogerstv.com/cornerbrook to catch all the action!
Highlights from March 4, 2016
- For the second time, snowshoeing organizers were struggling to deal with a lack of snow in the snowshoeing track. The call was put out for local volunteers and more than 80 people arrived, shovels in hand, to move snow onto the track.
- Athletes took on the -20 degree (with wind chill) weather all in stride, and competed in snowshoe and cross country with enthusiasm and frozen smiles.
- Figure Skating wrapped up with dozens of terrific performances in front of a thrilled and appreciative audience.
- Team Guelph continued its hot play in floor hockey, along with strong efforts from Team Saskatchewan and Team BC.
- A high-level speed skating clinic was attended by Special Olympics skaters from across Canada and featured instruction from special guest Catriona Le May Doan.