Day Four – Mountains Conquered, Aspirations Achieved
Competitions came to a close today in Alpine Skiing, Cross-country skiing and Figure Skating.
- Competitions came to a close today in Alpine Skiing, Cross-country skiing and Figure Skating.
- Well-deserved congratulations are due to the GOC Jasper technical team who provide a top-notch competition experience for the athletes, and to the city of Jasper for being such wonderful hosts.
- Our sincere thanks to the community of Strathcona for supporting the late move of the Cross-country skiing venue site to the Strathcona Wilderness Centre. Again congratulations are due to the sport technical crew as well as the GOC for enabling an incredibly smooth transition.
- Final competitions in Curling, Floor Hockey and Snowshoeing will take place tomorrow
- Medals were presented today for Alpine Skiing, Cross-country skiing, and Snowshoeing, with Jamie Sale thrilling athletes and supporters alike by presenting medals to the Special Olympics Figure Skaters.
- Unofficial final numbers from Healthy Athletes appear to be amazing:
- Over 200 athletes utilized the clinical services
- Over 200 pairs of glasses and sunglasses were distributed
- Over 120 prescriptions were delivered
- Each athlete received Thera-bands, the Canada Food Guide, stopwatches and invaluable advice, counsel and information as part of the Health Promotion clinic
TOMORROW`S MUST-SEE… A DOUBLE BILL:
- Final competitions for Curling, Floor Hockey and Snowshoeing.
- One last chance to celebrate the inspiring accomplishments of our athletes at the Closing Ceremonies.