Competitions in all six sports took place today and featured incredible performances from athletes from each province and territory.
- Competitions in all six sports took place today and featured incredible performances from athletes from each province and territory.
- Speed Skating officially concluded with more medals presented to a triumphant group of athletes and a sea of supporters and peers.
- Each province and territory has at least one athlete who has medaled at the 2012 games.
- A special mention to the Floor Hockey crew who, after today’s competitions concluded, held an unofficial UNITY pick-up game between the St. Albert high school students who built the rinks and the Special Olympics Floor Hockey team from St. Albert.
- This was yet another great example of how the host communities of St. Albert and Jasper have embraced the 2012 games.
- Medals were also presented today for Alpine Skiing, Cross-country skiing, Figure Skating and Snowshoeing.
- Healthy Athletes wrapped up 3 days of Health Promotion and Opening Eyes clinics having delivered invaluable Health services to many Special Olympics athletes.
- Full numbers from the 3 days to come in tomorrow’s update.
- SOC Chair of the Board of Directors Bev Hammond once again demonstrated why she is the Queen of PR by unearthing (and then arranging a Global TV broadcast of) this incredible and heart-warming story.
- Final day of competition for Alpine Skiing (Jasper), Cross-country skiing (Strathcona Wilderness Centre) and Figure Skating (Servus Place).