Apply to be Chef de Mission for the 2015 World Summer Games!
2015 Special Olympics World Summer Games ~ Los Angeles, CA, USA
Click here for a full description of the role.
The Chef de Mission is the volunteer leader of the Special Olympics Canada National Team. As such he/she, in conjunction with Special Olympics Canada, is responsible for developing the vision and critical path for the National Team. The Chef de Mission is a proactive, motivational leader who supports and promotes the National Team by creating a team environment that is conducive to a productive and positive competitive and team experience for all National Team members.
The application and selection process for the Chef de Mission position consists of the following steps.
- Submit an application that answers the questions stated below. (Deadline: Friday, June 28, 2013)
- The National Team Program selection committee will short list the applicants.
- The shortlisted applicants will take part in a phone interview with selection committee members. (July 2013)
- Applicants will be informed of selection committee’s decision by August 1, 2013.
- Announcement to stakeholders of successful candidate by August 9, 2013.
- Current Special Olympics/Sport Affiliation (positions held and years of involvement)
- Games/Sport management and leadership experience
- The definition of a “successful team” from your perspective.
- The qualities that you will bring to the position
- Reasons for making application for the Chef de Mission position
- Goals for the Team that will represent Canada at the 2015 World Summer Games
Time Commitment (may be subject to change):
- August 2013 Team Management Planning Meeting
- May 2014 – Mission Meeting – Individual Sports (weekend)
- September 2014 Mission Meeting – Team Sports (weekend)
- October 2014 – Team Training Camp (four days)
- Spring 2015 – Sport Specific Training Camp (weekend)
- May 2015 – Final Mission Meeting (weekend)
- July 2015 – Staging Camp, Send-Off & World Games (inclusive of travel and Host Town Program)
- August 2013 to September 2015 on-going team / planning responsibilities
- Ex-officio member of 2017 NTP selection committee
- Cover letter;
- 2 letters of reference, one of which must reference your leadership experience;
- Resume (optional);
- Police Records Check
*Applications must be completed and received by Special Olympics Canada by midnight (EST) June 28, 2013. Applications received after midnight (EST) June 28, 2013 will not be considered. Submit applications to Marian Coulson, Director Sport & Competition, Special Olympics Canada at email@example.com