As a Special Olympics volunteer, we want to make sure that you have all the resources you need to support our athletes, sport programs and events. All registered volunteers and coaches must complete the online orientation by Special Olympics Canada.
This site provides training, certification, professional development and learning resources for registered athletes, coaches & volunteers of Special Olympics Canada.
To get started:
- Go to the website www.solearn.ca.
- Then click the LOGIN button at the top right hand side of the page.
- Click on CREATE NEW ACCOUNT and complete the online registration form.
- Once you have completed the form, click on CREATE MY NEW ACCOUNT
- You will receive two (2) emails to the address provided. One from "eLearning at SOC" and one from "eLearning Administrator". Open the "eLearning Administrator" e-mail and click on the link provided.
- You will be directed to a Thank You page for your confirmation. YOU ARE NOW REGISTERED.
- Go back to the Home page and click on VOLUNTEER TRAINING (even if you are a coach) to access the coursework.
- For courses specific to Special Olympics Alberta, click ALBERTA and then SPECIAL OLYMPICS ALBERTA VOLUNTEER ORIENTATION.
- Click on the red button that says "Click to enter this course"
- Once on the next, click the purple button that says "Enroll me" to access the course.
Remember, you do not have to complete it all in one sitting, you can save your spot and come back to it whenever.