The Affiliate Representative Council (ARC) is a committee of the Board of Directors of Special Olympics Alberta and was established as a result of a desire by the Board to have more input from the affiliates on matters affecting them. Committee members are from large, medium and small sized affiliates representing various regions of the province as well as representation from the Board and Special Olympics Alberta staff.
Purpose of the ARC
- Provide a forum for communications between the affiliates and community programs and the Board.
- Make recommendations to the Board on issues and policies that affect affiliate and community program business.
- Liaise with the Board and SOA staff to address policy and bylaw issues affecting affiliates and work toward resolving those issues in a positive manner.
- Assist affiliates that are experiencing administrative problems through a mentoring program.
The Communications Process:
- Affiliates with administrative or operational concerns (not sport related) arising from provincial policies can contact the Council member in their area and ask for the item to be put on the agenda for the next Council meeting.
- If deemed necessary the Council may ask other affiliates for input on the issue before deciding whether or not to make a recommendation to the Board.
- In certain instances the Council may ask for affiliate input on topics that arise at council meetings but not generated from the field.
- Affiliates experiencing administrative or organizational problems within their own community can contact their regional representative for assistance.
- Regional representatives will make every effort to communicate with the affiliates in their area on a regular basis.
For more information, please review our ARC Fact Sheet.
|NORTH- SHANNON LEONARD
NORTH EAST- ANDREA JEANOTTE
Lac La Biche
EDMONTON & AREA- VACANT
|CENTRAL- JERRY TENNANT
Olds & District
Rocky Mountain House
CALGARY & AREA- JACK GREGORY
SOUTH- SANDRA MULLEN