Make a difference in the life of a Special Olympics athlete! Your gift makes a lasting impact.
Your contribution, no matter the size, will aid us in ensuring that the thousands of children, youth and adults with an intellectual disability who use our programs are able to continue to do so.
You can be certain that your donation will be put to use to directly benefit those who we work hard to support.
We are dedicated to enriching the lives of Albertans with an intellectual disability through sport. It is our vision that sport will open hearts and minds towards people with intellectual disabilities and create inclusive communities.
Special Olympics Alberta’s programs cater to all ages and a wide range of abilities:
- We have programs for children, youth and adults.
- We provide an introduction to sport and physical activity, programs that offer daily training and local competition, and the opportunity to participate in high-performance competition.
- Special Olympics believes that people with intellectual disabilities can, and will, succeed when given the opportunity – we are leveling the playing field.
- Special Olympics uses the transformative power and joy of sport to reveal the full potential of athletes with intellectual disabilities
- Special Olympics programs are delivered by trained coaches and dedicated volunteers.
Special Olympics is a catalyst for social change.
- instill confidence, self-esteem and other life skills in our athletes
- Contribute to healthier athletes with life-long physical fitness habits
- Change attitudes and create a more inclusive society
- Strengthen communities
Benefits of Monthly Donations
- $20 per month provides a coach with specialized training ($240/yr).
- $40 per month will send a team to a local competition ($480/yr).
- $85 per month sends one athlete to National Games ($1,020/yr).
- $100 per month sends a team to an inter-provincial competition ($1,200/yr).
A gift of assets allows you to give a significant gift to the Special Olympics Alberta movement that will be fully realized in the future. The terms of a planned gift can be changed throughout your lifetime if you decide to modify your charitable bequests.
Planned Giving offers advantages to you, too, as many planned gifts have added tax benefits beyond the usual charitable tax credit, such as a reduction in capital gains tax for a gift of securities.
If you have already designated Special Olympics Alberta as a beneficiary in your will, or would like more information, please contact Edie Dixon, Director of Fund Development, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
GIFTS IN KIND
Gifts in Kind provide Special Olympics Alberta with invaluable office and sports equipment, technology and day to day goods that are essential to run our programs and services in communities across Canada. Some companies also offer their services free of charge: for instance, by printing an event program or providing professional advice. All of this reduces our overhead costs and allow us to spend more resources on our greatest priority: enriching the lives of individuals with an intellectual disability through sport.
In donating a Gift in Kind to Special Olympics Alberta, we can publicize to our athletes, families and our online community, the generosity of your gift and your commitment to helping our athletes, of all ages and a wide range of abilities, to participate in programs and to experience the transformative power and joy of sport.
For further information about the donation of goods to Special Olympics Alberta, please contact Edie Dixon, Director of Fund Development, at email@example.com.