Special Olympics Alberta Draft an Athlete program provides support to Team Alberta athletes in training, travel and accommodations leading up to and during the 2018 Special Olympics Canada Summer Games and Bowling Championship.
The Draft an Athlete program builds partnerships between athletes involved in Special Olympics and the communities in which they live, train and make us proud.
A contribution of $1,000 will draft one athlete and help cover the costs of being part of Team Alberta.
As a Draft partner you will enjoy:
- THE JOURNEY: An opportunity to follow your athlete on their journey. Regular newsletter updates, leave messages on their webpage, follow results during the games and if possible, a visit and photo op with your athlete accompanied by a representative from Special Olympics Alberta.
- ATHLETE WEBPAGE: Personal and/or logo recognition on your Team Alberta Athlete’s webpage
- NEWSLETTER: Recognition as a drafter and team member in the Team Alberta 2018 Newsletter
- PINS: Show your team pride with 10 limited edition Special Olympics 2018 Team Alberta pins
- SEND-OFF EVENT: Invitations to and introduction at a Team Alberta send-off event.
For more information on the Draft an Athlete program please contact:
Director of Fund Development
Special Olympics Alberta
Steve Dippie & Matt Soehner
Janet and Jerry Tryhuba